ekei labs may collect personal information from you in the following ways: (1) directly from your verbal or written input (such as by consenting to receiving marketing emails); (2) automatically through ekei labs' website technologies including tracking online, such as by web cookies (which are small text files created by websites that are stored on your computer), by smart devices, by combining data sets, by collecting data from a browser or device for use on a different computer or device, or by using algorithms to analyze a variety of data such as records of purchases, online behavioral data, or location data; (3) via 3rd parties, such as health providers, partner/affiliate companies, governmental or law enforcement organizations; or (4) by closed-circuit television (if visiting our premises).
The types of personal information that ekei labs collects directly from you may include:
- Genetic or biologic data (including physical samples);
- Biological and health data, such as conditions, illnesses, medical examination results, past or present
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Educational and professional interests;
- Tracking codes such as cookies;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts, and other content you provide to ekei labs (including through ekei labs website);
- Communication preferences;
- Purchase and search history;
- The physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for your location;
- Information about your personal preferences, hobbies, and interests; and
- Communications with other users of ekei labs services.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of ekei labs’s websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.If you choose to register and sign in by using a third-party account (such as your Google, Apple or Facebook account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third party, and any personal information collected during that third-party login is not covered by this policy. ekei labs will collect your name, email address, and any other information about your third-party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your ekei labs account to be linked to your third-party account.
ekei labs may receive information about you if you use any of the websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, academic institutions, health providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) from which ekei labs may receive information about you.
ekei labs may use your personal information in the performance of any contract we enter into with you, to comply with legal obligations, or where ekei labs has a legitimate business interest in using your information to enhance the services and products we provide. Legitimate business purposes include but are not limited to one or all of the following: providing direct marketing and assessing the effectiveness of promotions and advertising; modifying, improving, or personalizing our services, products, and communications; detecting fraud; investigating suspicious activity and otherwise keeping our site safe and secure; and conducting data analytics.
In addition, we may use your information in the following ways (after obtaining your consent, if required):
- To provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
- To send you periodic catalogues from ekei labs;
- To provide you with information about other products, events, and services we offer that are either (i) similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about, or (ii) entirely new products, events, and services;
- For internal business and research purposes to help enhance, evaluate, develop, and create ekei labs websites (including usage statistics such as “page views” on ekei labs’ websites and the products therein), products, and services;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites, products, or services;
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical, and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service; and
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time.
Personal information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for legal or archival purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use or erased from ekei labs' systems when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal information.
ekei lab s will not disclose to or share your personal information with any unaffiliated third party except as follows:
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by third parties (i) that provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production, payment, or business management services, and (ii) that are required to comply with this policy;
- Where you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement from a third party;
- Where your consent has been provided with a third party such as an academic institution, health provider, employer, business, or other entity that has provided you with access to a product or service, information may be shared regarding your engagement with the service or product, results of assessments taken, and other information you input into the product or service;
- Where ekei labs is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to comply with a subpoena or other legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our services, users, or others; and to investigate fraud; and
- Where all or substantially all of the business or assets of ekei labs relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity.
If necessary in connection with providing publishing services on behalf of third parties, such as institutions and societies, ekei labs may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.
ekei labs ensures that genetic and biologic data is not transferred across borders where not permitted by law. We may transfer some personal information outside of your country of residence for the following reasons:
- In order to process your transactions, we may store your personal information on our servers, and those servers may reside outside the country where you live. ekei labs has servers locations in several countries and may leverage cloud services distributed across multiple countries. ekei labs also has service providers located in the various countries. Such processing may include, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services.
- In order to satisfy global reporting requirements, ekei labs may be required to provide your personal information to ekei labs affiliates or subsidiaries in other countries.
We will use appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your data. Access to your personal data will be restricted to only those who require that information to perform their job function. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information.
You should be aware that identifiable personal information—such as your name or email address—that you voluntarily disclose and that is accessible to other users (e.g., on social media, forums, bulletin boards, or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. ekei labs cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
You have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org). In your written request, you may:
- Request that we provide you with details of your personal information that we process, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information, the existence of any automated decision-making involving your personal information, and what transfer safeguards we have in place;
- Request that we rectify any errors in your personal information;
- Object to automated decision-making and profiling based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest (in which event the processing will cease except where there are compelling legitimate grounds, such as when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between us);
- Request that we delete your personal information if our continued processing of such information is not justified;
- Object to direct marketing from us; and
- Object to processing for purposes of scientific, historical research, and statistics.Where applicable under your local laws, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes, nor disclose your information to any third parties, unless we have your prior consent, which we will seek before collecting your personal information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal information. If at any point you wish to review or change your preferences you can use the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us or by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that you may still receive transactional communications from ekei labs.
Any comments, complaints, or questions concerning this policy or complaints or objections about our use of your personal information should be addressed by directing your comments to ekei labs' Data Protection Officers, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by ekei labs, please use the processes set in place within your country of residence for further dispute resolution.